Thursday, January 6, 2011

Bring on the cake

I am getting ready for my upcoming stamp camp where we will be creating 6 birthday cards with envelopes and came up with this card. Its very similiar to a card featured in the Stampin' Up Occasions Mini featuring the new set "Bring on the Cake". I tweaked it a bit and came up with this card, which all my stamp camp attendees will be making. I used the in color Poppy Parade as the base of my card, with whisper white on top of that for my stamped image area. I created the base of my cake platter with Stampin' Up's oval punch (cut in half) and then a scalloped edged strip of paper for the top of the platter. I then stamped both the "happy Birthday" and "so many candles and so little cake" in basic black ink and colored in where needed with our wonderful markers. I used a strip of tempting turquoise to seperate the 2 sentiments. My final touch are the candles at the top that I made with a 3/4" square punch and made strips/candles.
Thanks for looking, and if you want to make this card be sure to reserve your spot at my January 23rd stamp camp. For more information please contact me! Remember to stamp a little love in 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment