Friday, December 10, 2010

Desk Organizer

One of the perks of being a Stampin' Up demonstrator is all the wonderful people I've met. This included a great group of ladies that are fellow demonstrators. Every year, for the holidays, we have a holiday party. We each make a "homemade" item place it in a plain brown bag and take turns picking a bag. This will be my fourth holiday party, and I've never been disappointed! The creativity that is seen that night is unbelievable. So, this year, as I was trying to think of a special item to make, this project came to me! I used a regular 8 x10 frame, and took the glass out. I adhered cork board on the left (directly to the backing of the frame) and embossed (with our fantastic Big Shot) some early espresso card stock on the right. I also added some thumb tacs (altered them with those super cute and easy scallop flowers). The final touch was the calendar, which can be changed out for next year's calendar. Now, I just hope one of my fellow stampers doesn't stop by my blog before Wednesday---or they'll know what's in my little brown bag. Thanks for looking and remember stamp some love this holiday season!

3 comments:

  1. Oh for crying out loud, can't you keep a secret for 3 more days? Now everyone will be trying to get your plain brown bag! Great project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geeze Lora! Don't you know we're checking you out? I'll be keeping an out on you as you walk in, lol! See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oops! Should have known better....just to excited to keep it to myself! See you in a bit ladies ;0)

    ReplyDelete