Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Altered flip flops

As I am gearing up for a cruise to the Caribbean, I thought I'd try to get my creativity flowing. I am making these adorable (if I may say so myself) flip flops for the 5 fabulous ladies I will be traveling with. I got the idea from a fellow demonstrator Barbara--thanks for sharing Barbara!They are simple to make. You start with a basic flip flop and adhere velcro to the "thong" part of the flip flop (see below).


Then comes the fun part! Making tons of flowers, ribbons etc add-ons that can be changed out to coordinate with their outfit of the day. Here are just 2 that I have made so far.
Just make sure to add the velcro to the back of the embellishments  so that they can change them out as often as they like. I used a hot glue gun to adhere the velcro. Stampin' Up has tons of fabrics to choose from that work great with the Big shot dies. What a great project for a little girls birthday party OR even an early release day! Remember to stamp a little love!

No comments:

Post a Comment