Monday, September 23, 2013

Fall is here!

Although, I'm a total summer person, I love decorating for fall! I created this sign for an upcoming event I will be at in early October. I've been asked to have some lovely ladies create this sign, and I can't wait to see some of their creations.

I started with some 4 x 4 coasters (I bought mine plain but you could easily "swipe" some for one of your local dining establishments), and some 4 x 4 designer series squares (with their corners rounded). For this sign, I used one of the papers found in the holiday mini-- sweater weather designer paper (item #132184).

I adhered the designer series paper with mod podge--make sure you get the corners so the paper doesn't "roll up". I also used my cropadile to make holes in through the coasters.
I used some ribbon that was super shimmery with a brownish, gold tone--sorry its non Stampin' Up (which is a rarity) to tie the whole project together. As well as a piece of burlap ribbon, which can be found in the holiday mini (item #132140).
Then, my favorite part--embellishing! I used the Autumn accents bigz die (item# 127812),  my alphabet die,  neutral designer buttons (item# 130031), and calypso coral baker's twine (item# 125573)--all from the Stampin' Up annual catalog.




Thanks for stopping by and remember to stamp a little love!

No comments:

Post a Comment